Limit the number of login attempts that possible both through the normal login as well as using the auth cookies.
WordPress by default allows unlimited login attempts either through the login page or by sending special cookies. This allows passwords (or hashes) to be cracked via brute-force relatively easily.
Limit Login Attempts Reloaded blocks an Internet address from making further attempts after a specified limit on retries has been reached, making a brute-force attack difficult or impossible.
- Limit the number of retry attempts when logging in (per each IP). This is fully customizable.
- Limit the number of attempts to log in using authorization cookies in the same way.
- Informs the user about the remaining retries or lockout time on the login page.
- Optional logging and optional email notification.
- It is possible to whitelist/blacklist IPs and Usernames.
- Sucuri Website Firewall compatibility.
- XMLRPC gateway protection.
- Woocommerce login page protection.
- Multi-site compatibility with extra MU settings.
- GDPR compliant. With this feature turned on, all logged IPs get obfuscated (md5-hashed).
- Custom IP origins support (Cloudflare, Sucuri, etc.)
UPGRADING FROM THE OLD LIMIT LOGIN ATTEMPTS PLUGIN
- Go to the Plugins section in your site’s backend.
- Remove the Limit Login Attempts plugin.
- Install the Limit Login Attempts Reloaded plugin.
All your settings will be kept in tact!
Many languages are currently supported in Limit Login Attempts Reloaded plugin but we welcome any additional ones.
Help us bring Limit Login Attempts Reloaded to even more cultures.
Translations: Bulgarian, Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Norwegian, Persian, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
Plugin uses standard actions and filters only.